Saturday, December 1, 2012

Work Hard... Play Harder!

Monday after the Thanksgiving Day holiday I bid farewell to Mom, Barb, and Hannah, and caught a hop to Phoenix to stay with Kate & Brig and visit the kids and grand-kids. I could get used to this life... I went from being spoiled and catered to, to being catered to and spoiled.
Sigh... as I write this I'm back in Dallas, and dealing with the reality that no one is going to prepare dinner for me, drive me to Starbucks for a Mocha, or walk up with an unsolicited hug and smooch.
Sniff...

Tuesday found Ezra, Kian, and Eden at school and Poppy doing homework. That afternoon the boys returned from school and Eden, having returned home earlier, awoke from her nap, and they all worked to complete chores and homework.
I was impressed by the semi-strict regimen Kate has designed, that allows all concerned to accomplish everything that needs to be accomplished. I imagine if she ever needed a job she could snap one up running the Swiss Railways. It was also fun to watch the kids mentally drift away from the task at hand, then see them snap back with moms request to "focus".

While the boys worked to finish their homework, Eden joined the fray with work of her own. I was never quite sure what her homework consisted of, but I imagine it involved lists of Hello Kitty accessories.
The boys also practiced their piano lessons which was a treat to listen to. They are getting very good at playing the instrument and while playing they are both practicing their skills and entertaining their old Poppy in the process.

After working so hard at school, and at completing their homework, and chores, it was time for Ezra's Boy Scout meeting while Kian and Eden blew off some steam down at the park.


1 comment:

  1. Those kids look way cuter on your blog than in real life. :)
    We miss you!
    Thanks for taking time to visit us.
    xo

    ReplyDelete