Tuesday, December 18, 2012

24 Hours with the Belde's in Austin

I took a drive south from Dallas to Austin this past weekend, and spent time with our old VA neighbors, and my new TX neighbors, Dave, Amelia, Lily, and Sophie, Belde.

I was treated to the nickel tour of Austin as well as lots of hugs and smooches from the BG's.

The BG's,
(Belde Girls),
Lily and Sophie... or Sophie and Lily...
I still can't figure out who is who, except for the tall one of course, and that would be Amelia!

Downtown Austin, on and around Congress and 6th Streets.
Texas State Capitol
One, of what seemed like hundreds, of Food Trucks in the area, selected for a picture more for the name than anything else.

Busy BG's.
I was treated to a late lunch / early dinner Saturday.

Sunday morning story time, 101 Dalmatians, followed by a trip to the school playground.

Dave and the girls engaged in a spirited game of Gagaball.
Not unlike dodge ball.

Saturday night at Zilker Park in Austin for the reopening of the Trail Of Lights.
This event also included a 1 mile kids run followed by a 5k run for the masses. Dave and I considered signing up at the last minute, I was glad we didn't when I saw the uphill finish!

After a busy day, and the evenings outing to the Trail Of Lights, the girls were fed and it was time for bed.
Bedtime was proceeded by the "Toothpaste Tube Went Into The Toilet Meltdown."

Thank you Dave, Amelia, Lily, and Sophie, for the wonderful weekend in Austin.
I was spoiled by you once again!

2 comments:

  1. Cute video!
    Looks like a fun weekend. I think we had friend vacation in Autin once and they ate at a restaurant that boasts the biggest pizza in the world or something like that. The pizza was at least as big as our dining table. You'll have to see if you can find it the next time you visit. :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVERYTHING's bigger in Texas - including good times with the BGs. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete