Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Over the river and through the woods....

I spent Thanksgiving with Mom and Barb this year after being away for much too long.
Two years....Yikes! Call me the Prodigal Son.
I started the day with a run in the La Canada - Flintridge Thanksgiving Day 5K. This was my first sanctioned run after several years of lollygagging, and I was pleased with my results, 9:59 gun. I'll take it!
(Yikes!!! That 9:59 time was the per mile Pace... lest anyone think I was part Kenyan)
I deemed the results worthy of two slices of pie that evening.
Lining up for the start. It was a perfect day for a run!


The rest of the morning was spent assisting with the preparations for the afternoon meal. For me that meant staying out of the way. Some of Barb's family came for dinner, and what a treat it was! Jim brought a brined and smoked turkey that was to die for, and Barb threw in a 24 pound bird for good measure. Of course there were all the fixings along with a plethora of pies. Wondered if I could get it all to fit.
I was glad I did the run earlier.
 The Iron Chefs at work. I'll bet if you laid all the yams Mom has candied over the years end to end they'd reach our neighbor galaxy Andromeda!

Did I mentioned the 24 lb turkey? Holy Smokes... that thing was so big it could have fit a small football stadium inside!


Clockwise from top right... Mom and the prodigal son, Mijares menu, view of La Canada from Angeles Crest Hwy., Barb rustles up some of her world renowned Spaghetti, doing homework down at Barb's classroom in Saint Bede's.
Deja Vu... Saturday detentions!

No comments:

Post a Comment