Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hearing voices....

And a voice came forth from the heavens and said, "Thou shalt not run!"

You're kidding, I replied... I feel great, it's a beautiful morning.

Again the voice spoke from on high... "Thou shalt not run!"... what part of thou shalt not run doth you not understand? Why doth you question my judgement? We have spoken, and I've told you, you are not yet healed."

Bah.... I think you're mistaken, but to appease you I'll go slow, and only do two miles, how's that?

The voice replies, "Those that know you have said you are stubborn, and will do as you will."

Minutes later, & less than a quarter mile up the path I feel my right calf, (the one that was supposed to be healed), Pop!

End of run.

And the voice comes from on high, "What... no writhing in pain, no gnashing of teeth, bah, I am not amused... you were much funnier in the tent peg incident, or disappearing through the rotten log up in the Sierras."

Uh huh, You know my daughter Katie don't you?
~ ~ ~

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Boy, you are usually far more entertaining!
    Really though, yikes! Hope you are okay!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete