Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chihuly Nights... Dallas Arboretum.

Last evening, Wednesday, I took advantage of the day off work and went back to the Chihuly Exhibit for the night time showing. There was talk of stray storms in the area and I wondered if my luck would hold out. Turned out to be a great evening with the setting sunlight playing off the clouds, and art work, to make for some great images.

I'd gone to the day tour Sunday June 10th, just three days before the big hail storm damaged some of the art pieces. As it turns out the Chihuly team flew out a group from Seattle within 24 hrs to repair the damaged pieces.

I arrived at the appointed hour, 6PM, had dinner on the patio, and planned out my strategy for how to move around the arboretum catching all the pieces during differing stages of sunset.
Folks... I walked my tail off last night, and this, after a 18 mile bike ride earlier in the the day. Needles to say, I slept like a baby last night.

If you saw the earlier post you'll notice what seems to be duplications of prior pictures. I was trying to see what the setting sunlight would look like on some of the pieces. I'm not so sure there is much of a difference between these and prior shots taken when the sun was still up, but once the sun set, and it started to get dark with the clouds still lit up,..... DUDE!
I think that's the correct expression used nowadays to emphasize a point?

I think my new little point and shoot did OK!

~ Enjoy ~
















1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!
    I like them best at night I think. So dramatic.
    Are you going to VA soon? Give Susu hugs for us.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete