Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nuala's First 10K



Nuala took part in her first 10K run Monday morning... if she had known what she was about to partake in I don't think we would have progressed much farther than Belle Island. I've wanted to try the North Bank Trail for sometime now and Monday seemed like a good day to give it a try. Perfect weather and temps in the high 40's to low 50's. (Clockwise from Top left) We started on our normal South Bank Trail and took that from the Nickle Bridge down to Belle Island where Nuala took a dip to cool off. Then it was over the Lee Bridge to the North Bank Trail head. The North Bank Trail runs from the Tredager Iron Works West past the Hollywood Cemetery, through a residential neighborhood for about half a mile, then past Maymont. The trail takes you past Maymont's Japanese Gardens, and the bear enclosure... alas, no bear to view this time. At Maymont the trail climbs out of the river and up to the North side of the Nickel Bridge and a short jog back to the house.
 


I think the run might have tuckered out the pup just a bit. She took a nap from about 1pm till 4pm and only moved to either change the bed or her position in the bed. I would be lying if I told you I didn't do the very same thing.
Heck.... We deserved it!!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Poor little Nuala. You're lucky she puts up with such abuse. Now I can compare death march/run stories with her the next time I see her. :)

    ReplyDelete