Monday, November 15, 2010

Fall Finery

This years fall colors seem to be somewhat subdued, I suspect because of the long, hot, and dry summer we had. I will say however, that just when I start thinking the colors are looking a bit anemic, I'll come around a bend and see a tree that is so colorful, and so bright, I'd swear it had to be plugged in.

Inspired by grandson Ezra's "My Autumn Eyes" poem, I humbly offer the following Haiku, and dedicate it to my four wonderful grandchildren, Alex, Ezra, Kian, and Eden.

Autumn colors sing
Orange, yellow, umber, hues
Listen with your heart

--Poppy



My Autumn Eyes...

My autumn eyes behold scary pirates on the street,
Brown leaves on the ground,
Golden pumpkins in the field,
Fun parties in the houses.
This is what my autumn eyes behold.

--Ezra




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sweet.
    It is clear where Ezra gets his talent from.
    I'll have to have him read it when he gets home.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete