Sunday, November 1, 2009

The DOG behind Dawg Daze

Back in the end of August Sue sent me a Cell PIX message from the SPCA and I was introduced to "Carla". Unbeknownst to us at the time "Carla" was soon to become a part of the family.

I say unbeknownst knowing full well that as soon as I saw the Picture I knew Sue had found our puppy. I think Sue knew as well.






Sue and I went to the SPCA that evening and well after closing, returned home with our new charge









Posted by Picasa




First order of business, a name!


Sue and I both thought "Carla" looked like a baby seal. Sue recalled that a character in a movie we both enjoyed, The Secret Of Roan Inish, was a Selkie. (Selkies as the story goes, are able to transform to human form by shedding their seal skins, and can return to seal form by putting it back on). The Selkie's name in the movie was Nuala.



And so, Carla became Nuala.



To Be Continued...








No comments:

Post a Comment